[原创]first winter snow(初雪)

一篇英文旧作,某个冬天下雪的夜晚的一点感想而已。 

First Winter Snow

Winter is always said to be sluggish, decadent and hopeless. Just to think that when you walk on the streets, you see nothing but only bald branches of phoenix trees or shrubs, rearing their white arms very lonely to the sky on all sides, cutting the gloomy sky apart into pieces. Such a picture may be too bleak for men to bear.

This winter was much colder than ever, and snows were not unusual. The first snow visited us on the eve of the New Year 2005. At noon, cold rain stopped and it began snowing. After a while, the snowflakes were descending faster and faster, roaming all over the sky with its softness. Within a few hours, the roofs in distance, the trees or shrubs or grassland nearby, as well as flower-borders along the streets were all covered by the white cottons.

Out of my expectation, it was easy to get a taxi in this cold winter night. I know that because many people would prefer walking home so as to feel the sentimental emotion when the glittering flakes touched our cold hands and soon melt. I looked out of the window, for the first time I found that the winter in Shanghai was so delightful and rejoicing due to the snowing, particularly in this moment we were advancing toward the New Year.

Snowing made the whole city warm and quiet, totally filtrated out the impetuous noise in the daytime, and left nothing but only sweet, fresh, moist and pure air. I opened the window, letting the drift fall in and stretched out my arms to welcome the cutting air. When wind was passing by, it sounded like sighs penetrating the darkness and entering into the depth of our soul. 

It was getting dark. All creatures in nature are in good sleep. Children were so excited that they could not wait to play snows. Their silvery laughter reverberated in this peaceful night, even though in usual it was nothing but simplicity. However, the nature itself, having blessed us so much warm and cheery feelings was now in peaceful silence, staring us with smile, with its kindly understanding.

Returning to home, I made a cup of coffee for myself. How nice to be home in such cold night! Outside, snowing continued, as a blossom of pear trees puffed by a sudden breeze. Inside, my private heart was warm and cheery.

总有一天,我会遇见我内心的生命,会遇见藏在我生命中的欢乐,尽管岁月以其闲散的尘埃迷糊了我的道路。

给人约黄昏顶一个插图,鼓励。

参加交流
注意,手机响了,体现人约黄昏后的意境。
参加交流
怎么没有中英文对照版?

是啊,中文版呢?

欢迎光临燕谈

是啊,中文版呢?

谢谢菜农兄的插图。

回紫壶、阿丁:当初就是用英文写的,没有中文版,不如你们帮忙翻译一下?

黄昏应该把文章发在休闲或是其他英文论坛.笔会当然是中文笔会.鉴于属于小范围促兴性质,就不转移了,下不为例.
生存是一种义务,哪怕只有一刹那。——歌德《浮士德》 飘飘何所似,天地一沙鸥

百花齐放,百家争鸣,都已经是什么年代了,为什么要限制?没有说笔会是中文的笔会,你厚叔的中文贴也有些TO等字样,说明用一种文字已经不足以表到这个变化的时代,何况有很多旅美作家、在日华人在参与这个笔会,如果有英文写作出现,说不定有外国文学看好者参与,……

中国没有诺贝尔文学奖就是吃亏在没有用英语写作。

参加交流

中国没有诺贝尔文学奖就是吃亏在没有用英语写作。

-------------------------------------------------

那得了这个奖也不是中国的,与汉语无关.

菜农的质疑当然也是自然的,但真名笔会的中文性质应该是约定俗成的吧.在回帖中使用少量英文,旅美/在日网友也都是使用中文发主帖.

当然,对中外文对照的主帖,我个人还是能够欣赏,因为这样可以尝试体会不同语言的魅力;但纯粹外文的主帖,个人以为不宜提倡,此风一长,感觉怪怪.当然,读者用脚投票是自然的.

生存是一种义务,哪怕只有一刹那。——歌德《浮士德》 飘飘何所似,天地一沙鸥

俺英文看着累啊!人约黄昏mm体谅一下俺的英文水平吧!

呼吁中文版。。。。对了,让厚书写中文版来,以谢你送给他的诗的英文版。

俺滴网站:www.cocophoto.com.cn
小讨厌,最近偶终于学到了一个外语K![em01]
本版风云诀:煽风点火、兴风作浪

此风不可能长,因为写的人和读的人都不多,但是有,真名的笔友品味很高,很有能力欣赏这类作品。

中国那么大,语言那么复杂,湘西土家族民族风情给人带来扑鼻清风,自然沿海一带的归国华人也带来一些异国情调,春节晚会的吉祥三宝也用蒙汉双语歌唱,我认为各地来的作者反映自己生活的真实,都是好的,互相欣赏,构成笔会的繁荣盛世。

我崇拜厚叔有一首诗,把东莞电子厂的女工,上海申茂大厦的白领,山区的农民,……都写上了。笔会要的就是这些所有人的声音。

万望厚叔厚德载物,海纳百川,允许真名百花齐放,满汉全席,学贯中西,誉满全球。

参加交流
黄昏MM给斑竹出了个难题。如果有懂英文的斑竹,我认为用英文发贴还是可以尝试的。但假如斑竹不懂英文,而帖子里又有敏感内容怎么办呢?万一网站被封,斑竹还不知道是怎么回事呢!
俺是灭绝师太

坚决支持黄昏MM和菜农兄的创举。笔会开风气之先,三语并起,清风徐来,涟漪轻漾,风景独好。

(其实俺英语全忘了,日语只会问个好,装儒雅呢。阿厚应该偷着乐~~)

不要对着偶的头像看啦,看晕了本人概不负责滴~~

文章是发错地方了,该发在菜农的黑板报上才对。就请斑主删除它吧。

嗯,都不要过度在意。不过呢,还是以循序渐进为好,兀然一下子的话,很多人入不了境,有所微词也就在所难免。

挑个茬,“peaceful silence”的用法似乎有些不清楚。有受扰动后主动保持平静无语的意思,而本来直接使用“quiet”更清简。

确实缺了个中文版。郁闷。